Daily Report from the Ukraine Field for 2022-06-06
News, Telegram, and Twitter Articles (Warning: Graphic)
1. Fighting continues in the area of the Azot chemical plant industrial zone. The enemy also maintains communication with Lysychansk through one of the damaged bridges—heavy equipment passes there with great difficulty, but vehicles pass [more easily].
2. The transfer of reinforcements from Lysychansk to Severodonetsk, after the Ukrainian Armed Forces had surrendered almost the entire city, made it possible to stay in the Azot area and start battles in the adjacent residential area, while Ukrainian sources themselves admit that there is no ambition to recapture Severodonetsk. The fighting will accordingly continue in the industrial area, and part of Severodonetsk will soon turn into an analogue of Mariupol in terms of destruction of high-rise buildings and other residential buildings, taking into account the active work of the Ukrainian Armed Forces' artillery in Severodonetsk.
3. It is unlikely that the command of the RF Armed Forces planned to storm Lysychansk head-on after taking the industrial zone of Severodonetsk. The real assault on Lysychansk will come when they break through the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces near Privolye and Ustinovka, advancing to the outskirts of the city—regardless of what will happen in the [Azot] industrial complex.
4. Of key importance for all these battles is the struggle for the Artemovsk-Lysychansk highway, since control over it will ddevalue any efforts of the Ukrainian Armed Forces to hold Lysychansk and Severodonetsk, unless, of course, there is a plan to sacrifice the entire grouping of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, as well as all the foreign mercenaries who were abandoned to hold the Azot industrial zone.
5. So far, the RF Armed Forces have ensured complete fire control over the route, which has already affected the supply of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk. But there is no complete block on the highway yet, so individual vehicles and groups are still passing; however full-fledged supply, which was possible back in the first half of May, can no longer be ensured, despite all efforts to push the RF Armed Forces away from the area of Belogorovka and Berestovoye. The current task of the RF Armed Forces in this direction is to grind the enemy's reserves in the upcoming battles and cross the Artemovsk-Lysychansk highway.
6. Naturally, the activity of the RF Armed Forces in the direction of Seversk is also expected, since taking under fire control (which is not yet achieved) the Artemovsk-Seversk-Lysychansk highway will lead to the notorious operational encirclement of the Severodonetsk grouping, which will simply lose the ability to re-supply through Artemovsk, and any retreat will entail serious losses.
7. Therefore, in the near future, on the one hand, we will observe positional battles in the area of the Severodonetsk industrial zone and high-intensity battles north of Soledar.
Thanks for reading A Skeptic! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.